December 9, 2010

5 Months Old!

This month has FLOWN by!! We spent half of it in Texas visiting for Thanksgiving, it's started snowing in Minnesota, and baby Bayla was born. BUSY MONTH! This (again) has been my favorite month with little Kaylee. Why do I get the feeling I'm going to be saying that EVERY month? She is so much fun, and such a little show off. I think we definitely have a social butterfly on our hands!


Kaylee, New This Month:
- You're exploring new noises. You love making raspberries now! You discovered this over Thanksgiving and crack up when someone does it back to you.
- You've found you loud SQUEAL! You will just be laying there and all of a sudden, SQUEAL! haha. It cracks you up, but sometimes scares you. You will jump from crying, to squealing, to laughing within seconds.
- You're still working hard to roll over. You have the arch perfected, but just haven't QUITE gotten all the way over except a couple of times.
- YOU LOVE AVACADOS! We just tried them tonight to celebrate your 5 month birthday, and it was a hit.
- A little tooth bud is starting to poke through. You definitely have days that we can tell it is bothering you, but hold a cold can of Coke up to you (your favorite thing), and you're instantly happy. It's so cute to watch you grab the can and bring it STRAIGHT to your mouth. I'm sure the cold feels nice on your gums.
- People love your cheeks. We get comments almost daily "OMG! I love her cheeks!" You're so stinkin' cute!
- You are still wearing size 2 diapers, and finally fit into 3-6 month clothes. It seemed like you didn't fit into them and then the next day, you're filling them out perfectly!
- You saw your first snow, and well... you didn't really seem to enjoy it! Well maybe it's the cold outside and the wind. Luckily we have a bazillion cute blankets to keep you warm!
- Putting you to sleep has become one of my favorite parts of the day now! I remember only a couple months ago how I dreaded bedtime because you would fight it so much. Now, you nurse, read a book, snuggle for a minute or two (just because mommy loves it), then put you into bed. You love your Lambie and ipod. They make falling asleep soooo easy!
- Since you've gotten the hang of soothing yourself to sleep, you've rubbed a bald spot on the back of your head. I don't know how, but the hair on the back of your head keeps getting shorter and shorter! At least the rest of your hair is starting to grow! It's okay, I love your little "baby mullet tupee).
- A big milestone! Your first plane ride! You did sooo good! And loved all the attention at the airport.

I love watching you learn and explore. I'm so proud of you already :)
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. I have to say - it just gets better and better! Every month is so amazing and it goes SO quickly. I love Kaylee Claire! A-FREAKIN'-DORABLE!

    ReplyDelete