May 11, 2011

Happy Mothers Day to ME!

This year was my very first Mothers Day! I let myself get worked up with the hype that the day has to be perfect and EXACTLY what I want to do for the day. But ya know... what makes it perfect is being with Kaylee and enjoying her. 
We woke up at 6:30am to get on the road by 7:30am for brunch at 10am in St Paul with the family. Not my "perfect" ideal morning, but as my mom put it I'm "not the queen mom yet". haha... It was a fun morning once we were there though! And I had Salmon for brunch. Heck yeah! And OMG, the dessert buffet was to DIE for. I wish I took a picture of it... the entire bar was covered with cookies, cupcakes, bundt cakes, and some other really cute yummy desserts. Oh, and the "MOM" ice sculpture! The dessert (and fun family time) made the early morning soooo worth it!

Miss Kaylee dressed up cute for Mommy
 

Then in the afternoon, I got to go shopping! Who couldn't love that, right?
We shopped for toys and Kaylee made out pretty well for MY first Mothers Day haha.

Introducing.... on your left, the HoneyBee (for behind our new BIKES for the bike trails!)
And on your right, the Jeep  Liberty All-Terrian stroller. There's so much gravel around here, the original stroller was getting beat up. 

 Then for dinner... we had sushi. Mmmm... the "perfect" day. :)

One thing WAS missing though... my own Momma. This was my first Mothers Day to not be with her. I felt so horrible about it. I miss her so much sometimes. I miss our random movie dates, or shopping dates, and our pedicure dates. I know we can do all that when we visit, but it's the randomness that I miss too. If you didn't know, I have the best Mom in the whole wide world. I hope that I can grow up to be a Mom like her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment