Little Kaylee Claire,
I can't believe you are already three months old. When you were born, I had it in my head that 3 months was soo far away. It was my first milestone that I wanted to reach. Everyone kept saying, "get to 3 months, and that's when it gets fun!" I'll be honest, the past 3 months have already been fun! You're such the perfect little baby. Right now, you're snoozing in your swing with a little grin on your face.
New This Month:
- You've mastered the art of bubbles. You giggle when I say "bubbles! bubbles! bubbles! like the yellow tang in Finding Nemo". Then a looooooong string of drool falls out of your mouth.
- Speaking of drool, you are drooling constantly now. We are starting to think that maybe you are starting to teeth.
- You've started laughing this month. I love when you get me or daddy in your sight for the first time of the day, you let out a little squeal. It's the best part of my mornings.
- You've stopped sleeping through the night like you did the first two months. I'm not really sure why, but I'm going to blame it on adjusting to the move, and enjoy our peaceful night feedings while they still last.
- You love your car seat now, FINALLY! You use to cry and cry for MILES, but now, you just cozy up, take a nap or talk to your fishy.
- You're starting to bat at things and held your rattle for the first time. When you get excited, you hold your breathe, tighten your fists, and shake them. It cracks us up.
- Tummy time still isn't your favorite game, but we make it fun by playing airplane on Mommy's legs. You can look down at me and giggle... and drool :)
- You love it when Mommy sings to you. Your new favorite song is "The Wheels on the Bus". As soon as we start singing it, you quiet down and listen very intently. You especially like when "The babies on the bus go wah wah wah" and "The mommies on the bus say shh shh shh", for some reason, you always seem to crack a giggle at that part of the song. And I'll confess, you're also a fan of the YouTube famous remix "Bed Intruder", you always squeal and smile the whole time. (There! I confessed!!.... I rap to my baby about inappropriate things! Here's the link if you don't know what I'm talking about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKsVSBhSwJg). But you're the sweetest when we sing our morning song "Good morning to you. Good morning to you. Good morning there to the Kaylee Claire. Good morning to you. (kiss)"
- You're discovering things around you. You've found the TV and Daddy swears you love watching the Texas Rangers. You love staring at Petrie, she is funny. Fans are still some of your favorite things, but lately, you've been having great conversations with the refrigerator.
- We have finally found a pacifier that you tolerate. It is definitely helping you fall asleep at night without needing Mommy to hold you. We've been through every brand they make, and you decided on the Vanilla scented Gumdrop Pacifier in pink.
- You are wearing size 1 diapers, and 0-3month clothes. I must say, you're pretty adorable in pink.
- Your favorite spot is still your changing table. You've loved it from the beginning. That's where we like to talk and gossip about the day. You are always so talkative laying there.
- Your legs are getting so strong. You love to play "lay down, sit up, stand up". I don't know if it's a real game, but it is to us. You get so focused and having the biggest smile on your face when we "stand up, stand up!" (with Mommy's help of course)
- OH! And we can't forget your hands. You LOVE your hands. They are now constantly in your mouth. You haven't found your thumb yet. Instead, you are more satisfied shoving your entire fist in your mouth... whatever you like, is fine with me :)
Happy 3 month birthday to my little snuggle muffin! Love, Mommy