October 7, 2010

"Why don't friends with kids have time"

I read this article today, and had to share... I'll be honest, before Kaylee, I had the same curiosity... "What does a stay-at-home-mom do all day?!" I never voiced it though, I just never understood.
As much as I absolutely LOVE working from home with Kaylee, it's a LOT more difficult than I expected. Sure, I get to wear whatever I want, have the tv on, and prop my feet up with a blanket, but it's a lot more emotionally draining than I ever imagined. But there is definitely nowhere else I'd rather be, and I don't care to spend the time explaining myself :) One day, everyone will understand too.

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate! When I'm home during the summers with Logan, I feel TOTALLY zapped at the end of the day. But then when I try and tell someone about my day and why I'm so tired, it always seems like I really didn't do much at all! I think the part about "constant attention" is what does it. Sure you may be at home and not "at work" per say, but just because you didn't get in your car and drive to an office (school in my case), doesn't mean you aren't doing real, hard work!! Kids require constant attention, and the only "break" you get is nap time (if you're lucky!). I'm sure the ones who don't understand haven't walked a mile in your shoes! Feel proud of what you're doing; it's the lowest paid, but the most rewarding!

    ReplyDelete